Wednesday, November 28, 2007
useful junk?

been feeling rather sick of turning on my computer and going online. probably it's due to the super lousy / slow laptop that is running right now. -this explains my "frequent" blogging. i'll probably be sitting in front of my computer more often if a few things change. i.e, my schedule, my computer, my desk.. haha! yea right.... :D

the past weekend was a busy one for me, as elaine just had her holy matrimony and wedding dinner on sat and sun. this is in fact the first time i ever helped out in someone's wedding, and a emcee at it. haha! i thank God for that opportunity as I was not only blessed with a red packet, but also learn a valuable lesson about hosting - that is, NEVER let anyone else take away your mic! haha! those who were there at the wedding dinner will know what i'm talking about. but anyways, in short, the emcees (cindy and myself) were supposed to play a small prank on the bride and bridegroom (a clever pair they are); but ended up being pranked by them instead as they somehow got a hold of our mics and we could not get it back. hahaha! I shall not blog the details..it's so embarrassing. ask me if you want to know more (though i'll probably just ignore you..haha! :])

alright, funny part aside for now.

God also showed me something this week. while i was preparing to emcee at the backstage, my Officer called me. it's regarding a friend of mine in camp, who were one of the 17 survivors of the recent Cambodia Dragon Boat tragedy. i thank God that my friend's safe and sound, but he seemed very much affected by the lost of his buddies.. i was just reading the article in The New Paper, and it got me thinking.. Life can be so fragile. I could imagine that just a moment before the accident happened, some of them were just looking forward to the leisure time they're going to spend with one another; and that was all taken away with just one unexpected wave from the river. The way they described the accident in the papers, how some of them were helplessly swept underneath the pontoon and how murky and dark the waters were, it really sent a chill down my spine. And knowing that my friend, someone whom i always see and communicate in camp, almost got his life taken away by that experience, just taught me to treasure the people around me, especially my loved ones.
Thank You God.

well...next week'll be my Section Proficiency Test (SPT). In another words, i'll be in camp for 3 days and outfield for 4 days. I just pray that everyone'll be protected and nothing unexpected will happen at all. Other than that, i'm sure it's going to be fun to go through all those times with my old and new buddies. :)

SPT is probably the hardest thing i've to go through this year. after that, it's PARTY time!! Christmas is so near i can hear the bells jingling already! haha! hmm..i wonder how will my Christmas be like this year... haha..somehow i just feel that it's going to be different this year.. ah well, i shall wait and see! :D it's funny, but my Christmas wish this year is to work! haha! no seriously, i need more work - like tuition, so i could earn some extra $moolah$.. haha! Cos i've been thinking, maybe i should start taking up bike lessons again. it's the most affordable vehicle i can own in a shortest time possible.. ah well, i'll see how things goes..
but if you're reading this and you're thinking "hey! i can help this guy.. i got some tuition "Lobang"!" Then PLEASE! call me! hahaha! :D i'll be very appreciative of your kind deeds! :D

anyway, guess i'll stop here for now. but before i go.......
















i'm just kidding...there's nothing actually. LOL!

P.S: if you're wondering why i did not reply your tag - there was a problem with the website, so i could neither see nor type anything. :)


On 11/28/2007 09:38:00 PM, Reid- let go.